KMHS Campus Virtual Graduation Ceremony and more
Class of 2020,
WE MISS YOU!!! We are excited to see you this week as you come to school to pick up your caps and gowns. I wanted to reach out to give you some information on two big events this week (Cap & Gown pick up and Virtual Graduation registration). Watch the first edition of KM News to find out what you need to know! Enjoy!
Here is a written version of what you need to know:
Cap & Gown pick up:
- Cap & Gown pick up will be this Tuesday (May 12) from 2-6pm and Wednesday (May 13) from 9am-1pm at the High School.
- Please drive up to the Laser Entrance (map). When it is your turn, please roll down the window and let us know who you are.
- We will bring all of your items to the table set up outside of the Laser Entrance. To ensure social distancing guidelines, we will place the bags on the table, and you will then be able to exit your car to grab your items and return to your vehicle.
- You will receive:
- Your cap, gown, stoll, and cords. If you are expecting cords from NHS or Tri-M, you will order those through your organization. Contact your NHS or Tri-M club advisor for more details. Within your bag you may also have a listing of any outstanding fees that you still owe. These fees need to be paid before you pick up your diploma at the end of the school year.
- A Class of 2020 yard sign. Thanks to the KMEF and Innovative Signs for supporting us and donating the graduation yard signs! Please place this sign in your front yard so that the KM Nation community can celebrate your achievements. If you need two yards signs for multiple homes, please let us know when you pick up your gifts.
- A Senior 'Swag Bag.' Thank you to our amazing parents on the Senior Night committee. Since we are unable to have our annual Senior Night this year, your parents still wanted to share some awesome gifts with you. Enjoy!
- Due to state and local social distancing policies, you will not be able to congregate with friends during this event. Once you have all of your items, please exit the parking lot in a timely fashion.
- Please do not carpool to this event. You should stay quarantined with your immediate family.
- If you need another student to pick up your items, please email me so we can organize the bags together.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony Information
- We have partnered with professional organizations Herff-Jones, MarchingOrder, and StageClip to develop a high quality and meaningful virtual graduation ceremony. These organizations have been conducting virtual graduation ceremonies for many high schools and universities over the past few years, including UW-Milwaukee, Purdue, Vanderbilt, and California-Berkely.
- Our virtual ceremony will include all of the traditional components of a graduation ceremony: Pomp & Circumstance entrance music, speeches from KM students and staff, and your name being called as you 'walk across the stage.'
- Each KM Graduate will be able to create their own personalized slide. This slide will be presented when their name is called during the ceremony. You will be able to include:
- a picture of you in your cap & gown
- your next steps (college, military, workforce, etc)
- any scholarships earned
- shoutouts to any family, KM staff, or friends that helped you get to this day.
- We ask that all student pictures be similar and staged as it would look on a traditional graduation day. Please put on your best clothes (shirt & tie, dresses, dress shoes, etc.) with your cap & gown, stoll, and cords. Please take a picture outside next to a tree or flowers.
- Later this week you will be receiving an email with information and a link to a specially designed website for the Kettle Moraine School District graduation ceremony through MarchingOrder. From there, you will be able to create your personalized slide for the ceremony and upload your graduation photo. You will have until May 25th to complete your slide and have it submitted for approval.
- Please reach out to me with any questions.
Mr. Justin Bestor