Great Start Conference & Parent Meeting Information
Dear KM Explore Families,
Teacher assignments are now posted in Infinite Campus. To view your child’s teacher assignment, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, select Student at the top of the screen, and click Schedule on the left side of the screen.
KM Explore will be holding Great Start Conferences on August 29 for all new families as well as families that are transitioning to a new classroom. These conferences are a great way for your child to meet their teacher and for you to familiarize yourself with your child’s classroom. Additional information about Great Start Conferences is located below. Please access the sign up link below:
If your child is returning into the same classroom this year, you do not need to sign up for a conference. You are welcome to come at any time on August 29 from 8:00-11:00 a.m. or 1:00-3:00 p.m.; or September 3 from 8:00-11:00 a.m. or 2:00-3:00 p.m. to drop off supplies and have their photo taken.
Special Parent Meeting
KM Explore will be holding a special Parent Meeting on September 3 that will give you the opportunity to learn more about our school. This meeting will be held at 1:00 p.m and then again at 5:30 p.m. You are invited to attend the time that works best for you. All new and returning families and invited to come. Here you will learn;
- Explore’s philosophy and pillars to learning
- New leadership structure in Explore
- Meet our new 4/5 teacher
- Bring supplies if you have not already
Great Start Conference Information
If you are attending a Great Start Conference, both the student and at least one parent should attend. They will be approximately 45 minutes in length and will provide an opportunity for the following to take place before the student’s first day of school:
- Teacher / student / parent(s) meet one another to begin building rapport
- Parents will have the opportunity to meet with other parents in their child’s classroom
- Drop off supplies prior to the start of school
- Discuss the best ways to communicate throughout the school year
- Parents will have the opportunity to connect with other non-classroom teachers such as specials, reading team, library media, guidance and special education.
- Parents will have the opportunity to log in to digital tools that will be used
- School pictures will be taken after the conference (Link to picture information)
If you are unable to attend during one of the scheduled Great Start Conference days:
- Students should bring their supplies with them on the first day of school (September 4)
- Pictures will be taken during the picture make-up day (scheduled later in September)
Thank you, and we are looking forward to seeing you soon!
KM Explore Team