Enrolling Your Student in 4K
2019-20 KM 4K Information Night
Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 6PM
Wales Elementary School - 219 N. Oak Crest Drive, Wales
Please attend if you have a child who will be 4 years old by September 1, 2019.
Planning for next school year’s 4K program is underway! The Kettle Moraine Moraine School District highly encourages all parents of incoming 4K students to attend the Parent Information Night on January 17, 2019, as the new on-line application and other 4K processes have changed, including placement at requested site.
Open enrollment families are also encouraged to attend this meeting. Open enrollment families will not complete the on-line application, but will need to apply for open enrollment through DPI beginning at midnight on Monday, February 4, 2019 through Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 4PM.
If you are unable to attend, the information night presentation will be posted to www.kmsd.edu/km4k on January 18.
PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT DATES AND ENROLLMENT INFO:
- Child must be 4 years old by September 1
- Residents of the district will complete the on-line application: Rank your preference 1-3 – site choices may not be duplicated
- Site assignments may be based on:
- Prior program enrollment
- Place of residence
- Available openings at selected site (NOTE: if enough interest in a site, the district may be able to offer amorning and afternoon session, in which case, the District will assign your child’s STRICTLY by resident address.)
- Date and time of completed on-line application
- Open Enrollment to apply through DPI (midnight 2/4/19 through 4PM 4/30/19)
*** Online registration for 4K DISTRICT RESIDENTS for the 2019-20 school year will begin on January 22, 2019. ***
Online registration for the 2018-19 school year is now open. Children who are 4 years old on or before September 1st may attend 4K this fall in the Kettle Moraine School District.
The online registration application cannot be completed using a cellphone or tablet. Please use a laptop or desktop computer and turn off the pop-up blocker. Thank you!
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment
Step 2: Verification of Residency and Date of Birth
Once your Online Registration Application is submitted, please submit the following required documents to the 4K Registrar at the KM District Office. Open enrolled families are NOT required to provide residency proof.
- Child's original birth certificate or passport. Copies are not accepted.
- Proof of residency must show your name and the address provided for enrollment.
Acceptable documents are:
- Current gas or electric bill (dated within last 30 days)
- Signed lease agreement
- Signed closing statement or current mortgage document
If you are unable to provide one of the above, please complete the Student Residency Declaration and submit to the 4K Registrar.
NOTE: Resident students are not considered registered and eligible to enroll until the residency verification process is complete.
Where do we go to provide these items?
After completing the online enrollment process, please bring your required documents to the 4K Registrar’s office between 8am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday. The office is located at 563 A. J. Allen Circle, Wales, WI / Room 214 on the Upper Level.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the enrollment process, please contact Linda Schopen, 4K Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.968.6300, ext. 5322.
We look forward to serving you and your family. Welcome to KM!