Enrolling Your Student in 4K
Kettle Moraine 4K (KM4K) Coordinator - Abby Henning
KM4K Registrar - Linda Schopen
KM4K phone line - 262-968-6300 ext. 5322
As we begin a new year, the district prepares to welcome our Kettle Moraine Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Class of 2017!
If you have not yet enrolled your child in the Kettle Moraine School District for 4K, please click here to start the new student enrollment process.
After completing the online enrollment process, please make sure to bring proof of residency (example - a utility bill) and your child’s birth certificate, to the District Office at 563 A J Allen Circle in Wales.
KM4K site assignments are based on prior program enrollment, need for extended child care or other services, transportation, place of residence, date/time of application, and available openings at the selected site.
The KM4K Parent Information Night was held on Thursday, January 19, 2017. If you were unable to attend, you can view the presentation shared at the informational event.
The vision of the Kettle Moraine Four-year-old Kindergarten (KM4K) program is to provide access to quality early learning experiences to all students in partnership with families and the community. All students will be provided with a rich foundation and loving environment in order to prepare them for life long learning.
- Children learn through play and active exploration of their world.
- Parents are active partners with the community in the growth and development of children.
- All children will learn when they are supported, nurtured, encouraged, engaged, and motivated.
- Children are given opportunities to practice life skills, pro-social behaviors, personal responsibility, positive self esteem, and self discipline.
- A focus on early literacy, social competence, and self-confidence in a safe learning environment that helps children grow as individuals.
- Communication, collaboration, teamwork, and cooperation help create a positive environment for all.
- Ensure access to all children including those with special needs.
- Children will enter 5K with the readiness skills to be successful.
- Children will satisfy curiosity through observation, discovery, and sharing.