Methods of Emergency Communication
The Kettle Moraine School District will communicate with staff, students, parents and the community in the event of a school or district emergency, school closing, delay or early release due to inclement weather. Information will be communicated when appropriate, at the direction of the Superintendent, and as quickly as possible in the following ways:
- Posted on the district website
- Message delivered to phone contact(s) provided in Infinite Campus (using Blackboard Connect)
- Message delivered by text to phone numbers with texting capability that are provided in Infinite Campus
- Message delivered to email address(s) provided in Infinite Campus
- Communicated to local television and radio stations as needed
Maintaining Accurate Contact Info in Infinite Campus
In the event of a school closing or school related emergency messages to parents will use data from Infinite Campus (IC). It is very important that parents/guardians maintain accurate contact information in IC at all times.
To confirm contact data in Infinite Campus: www.kmsd.edu/infinitecampus
Questions regarding activation, login, or password should be emailed to: email@example.com
Phone Calls to the District/Schools During Emergencies
District telephone systems are designed to handle the typical school day volume. In the event of an emergency the system cannot manage large volumes of incoming calls. The best source for accurate, timely information will be the KMSD website, attention to voicemail, email or text messaging sent to the numbers provided in your Infinite Campus account, and through local media.