Distance Learning Instructions (weather related and planned)
KM Perform - Distance Learning Plan for School Closure
This document outlines expectations for learning should we move to distance learning for inclement weather, or as a district or school for more than one day due to health-related reasons. Please see the information below to help in this transition.
- Students will join any class meetings at their scheduled time via a Google Meet scheduled in MyLC. Attendance will be taken based on Google Meet schedules. When a teacher opens a Google Meet, students are notified in MyLC and in their email.
- Students and their teacher may meet synchronously for all or part of the normally scheduled class time.
- Students may also complete independent, small group, or one-to-one instruction during this time. Teachers will update the plans in the seminar syllabus and add any daily tasks to MyLC.
- When not in a scheduled class meeting, students should be working on individual goals/tasks.
- Students must attend and engage in Google Meets as requested by the teacher
- Students must meet daily/weekly expectations as outlined by the teacher.
- Students must submit evidence of learning.
- Students should check email, calendar, and MyLC on a daily basis.
- Students with a legacy class will need to follow the expectations as outlined by their KMHS teacher.
- MyLC will be used for all posted assignments/tasks and class meetings.
- Students should check their To Do list in MyLC on a daily basis.
Google Meet Expectations and Etiquette
- We encourage students to be actively engaged during these meetings with their video turned on, asking questions, participating in discussion, etc.
- Mentors may host advisory meetings. These would be required meetings when communicated by the mentor. Students may also have one-on-one meetings