Finding Money for Post-Secondary Training
Searching for money for post high school training is a yearly event. Whether attending a two or four year school, a specialty training or apprenticeship program, or the military, a young man or woman must have a thorough plan of attack before signing on the dotted line. There is little doubt that advanced training is important to begin a career in today’s economy. The effort to advance education after high school is well supported by financial rewards and the ability to advance career opportunities.
Assuming a career or college goal is decided upon, here are a student’s building blocks of financial planning for college or training.
Types of Financial Aid
- Loans (Federal Stafford Loans, Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students - "PLUS", Private Loans)
- Student Employment (Work Study)
Financial Aid Resources
- Federal and State financial aid is obtained by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Federal Student Aid
- College Goal Wisconsin
- College Board - “Financial Aid Essentials”
- University of Wisconsin System Financial Aid information
- Wisconsin Private and Independent Colleges Financial Aid Information
- ACT Financial Aid Tips