Grading and Reporting
Grading and Reporting at Elementary:
Kettle Moraine elementary schools are striving to provide quality tools to communicate with students and parents about student progress and growth. To that end, it is possible that elementary teachers are using one of two tools. The first is Infinite Campus, which has been used for several years. The second is Seewsaw, which parents may have learned about in the fall at Great Start Conferences. Please use the information below to learn more about each tool.
What to expect in Infinite Campus:
Infinite Campus is used to record report card grades for each subject area, which are reported each semester.
The report card includes details about your child’s progress in math, reading, writing, science, social studies, art, music, physical education, work habits and citizenship. Teachers provided feedback toward your child’s progress in reading, writing, and math by comparing proficiency to a grade level standard, unless otherwise indicated. It is a goal that students meet proficiency expectations for these standards by the end of the school year, therefore, it is common that students may still be beginning or developing at this time of year. Here are the descriptors for levels on the report card:
Learner is consistently working on standards below grade level
Learner demonstrates gaps in consistency or depth of understanding while working to meet grade-level standards by the end-of-year
Learner is on track to meet the grade level standard by the end-of-year
Learner is consistently working on standards above grade level
Please follow the directions below to view or print your student’s first semester report card:
- Log-in to Infinite Campus Parent portal: www.kmsd.edu/infinitecampus
- If you have more than one child, click SWITCH STUDENT at the top of the screen and select child
- Click on the Reports Tab on the left hand side of your screen. You should now see a link to the current Elementary Report Card
- Click link to view the report card
We use the same summative report at the end of each semester to share your child’s progress. Please contact your child’s teacher with any questions about his/her summative report.
What to expect in Seesaw:
Teachers at all Kettle Moraine elementary schools also use a communication tool called Seesaw. Seesaw provides a blog format to see your child's formative/practice work.
- Seesaw gives your child creative tools to capture and reflect on learning
- It is a window into a student’s learning journey
- Seesaw displays student work that demonstrates the learner's progress throughout the school year
- Seesaw puts students in the driver’s seat with regard to their growth and goals - they have ownership in their learning
- Goal setting is done between teacher and student. Goals are approved and posted by the teacher
- When your child adds new work you will receive a notification to see, hear and respond to your child’s learning item
- You and your child’s teacher are the only ones who have access to your own child’s work and all of the content is stored securely