Welcome to Speech & Language!Kettle Moraine School District offers speech and language intervention to all students who meet the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) criteria for this program. In addition, we will provide speech and language intervention to private school students who meet the DPI criteria. We believe that strong communication skills support academic development, personal development, and strong citizenship. We approach speech/language intervention at Kettle Moraine School District without boundaries meaning that we see students across all academic settings. We schedule therapy with your child's classroom teachers input so that they remain in the classroom for key instruction times.
As Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP) in the Kettle Moraine School District, we work with students, age three through twenty one, who have communication problems that impact their learning. These might include difficulty with speech sounds, understanding/using language, answering questions or following oral directions as well as problems of fluency, voice, and social language interactions. In order to assess communication needs and remediate delays, we team with classroom teachers, reading specialists, and other staff members . Parents can request more information, a screening or a full evaluation by contacting each SLP by phone or email.
Speech and Language Links
- The national certification organization for speech language pathologists and audiologists
- Provides you with resources and information regardinging speech, language, and hearing disorders
- Resources for questions related to stuttering and disfluency disorders
- Provides general information about the developmental ages in which speech sounds are acquired
- Typical speech and language development from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association
- Provides language and reading at all levels
- Provides beginning reading and language activities and games