Welcome to Speech & Language!Kettle Moraine School District offers speech and language intervention to all students who meet the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) criteria for this program. In addition, we will provide speech and language intervention to private school students who meet the DPI criteria. We believe that strong communication skills support academic development, personal development, and strong citizenship. We approach speech/language intervention at Kettle Moraine School District without boundaries meaning that we see students across all academic settings. We schedule therapy with your child's classroom teachers input so that they remain in the classroom for key instruction times.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to prevent harmful computer bots from scanning our sites for @kmsd email addresses, (to send us harmful SPAM), we have listed each email address with (AT) in place of the @ symbol.
If you wish to email a staff member, use the addresses below, replacing the (AT) with @ in your email program. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we work to keep our infrastructure as safe as possible.
262-646-6700 ext. 8114
262-646-6700 ext. 8122
262-646-6700 ext. 8114
262-965-6520 ext. 8640
262-968-6454 ext. 8715
WALES & KM EXPLORE
262-968-6400 ext. 8313
KM MIDDLE SCHOOL
262-965-6500 ext. 8202
WALES & KM HIGH SCHOOL
262-965-6273 ext. 8459
As Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP) in the Kettle Moraine School District, we work with students, age three through twenty one, who have communication problems that impact their learning. These might include difficulty with speech sounds, understanding/using language, answering questions or following oral directions as well as problems of fluency, voice, and social language interactions. In order to assess communication needs and remediate delays, we team with classroom teachers, reading specialists, and other staff members . Parents can request more information, a screening or a full evaluation by contacting each SLP by phone or email.
Speech and Language Links
- The national certification organization for speech language pathologists and audiologists
- Provides you with resources and information regardinging speech, language, and hearing disorders
- Resources for questions related to stuttering and disfluency disorders
- Provides general information about the developmental ages in which speech sounds are acquired
- Typical speech and language development from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association
- Provides language and reading at all levels
- Provides beginning reading and language activities and games