Welcome to Magee Elementary School - the little gem of Genesse Depot and the Kettle Moraine School District!
It is with great honor and excitement that I get to call myself the Principal of Magee Elementary School. Words cannot express how much I look forward, day-to-day, working with the amazing staff, students, and families that make our Magee community as great as it is!
As an educator and an administrator, I aspire to reach the whole child by supporting a community focused on academic, character, and social/emotional growth and well-being for all. This can be accomplished by working as a collaborative team advocating for all through listening to the needs of the students, staff, and community, as well as communicating and encouraging a professional learning community built on respect, trust, cooperation, and collaboration.
I began working in the Kettle Moraine School District at Magee Elementary on July 1st, 2021. Please feel free to stop in at Magee to meet with me to discuss your goals for your child's education. This will not be the only time you will hear me say this, "It takes a village". The more we communicate with one another and support one another, the more our students will thrive! I look forward to a great present and future with all of you. Please take a few minutes to read about our school mission, vision, philosophy, and more below.
Take Care and Be Well!
Mr. Justin S. Nies
The mission of the Magee Community is to inspire students to be on T.R.A.C.K in their own learning, where we Think, Reflect, Achieve, Create and be Kind.
VISION & PHILOSOPHY:
We will create an environment where every student is valued and capable of learning through mentorship in a learning environment meeting each child where they are, developmentally (academically, socially, and emotionally), instilling a sense of confidence and pride. This environment will allow for risk-taking, compassion, collaboration, laughter, mistake-making, equity (the quality of being fair and impartial), curiosity, play, and growth.
OUR SCHOOL IS FOUNDED ON THE FOLLOWING BELIEFS:
- The education and well-being of children is our priority and responsibility.
- Children learn best in an educational partnership of home, school, and community.
- A secure, nurturing environment will promote self-confidence, respect, and responsibility.
- All children will have the opportunity and encouragement to learn based on individual needs.
- A strong base of knowledge and skills is essential for academic growth.
- Student success is the result of persistent commitment to excellence.
- Professional growth of all staff within the organization is crucial for success.
WE ARE ALIGNED IN THE FOLLOWING PRACTICES:
- Student Management: We will accommodate each students’ needs by teaching and modeling clear expectations and strategies that include reminders, reteaching, and reflecting to promote responsible, respectful, safe, and kind behavior.
- Student Agency: Student agency is student-driven and teacher-guided; providing opportunities to set goals, struggle, problem solve, self-reflect, show confidence and pride for their work, while advocating for themselves through the Habits of Mind.
- Student Engagement: Students actively participate in their learning process through the combination of understanding the content and tapping into their interests and curiosities. Engagement motivates students to practice higher level critical thinking skills and promotes personalized, meaningful learning experiences.
Magee Elementary School
Total Enrollment: 250
Students with Disabilities: 10.5%
Economically Disadvantaged: 16.2%
English Language Learners: .4%
Open Enrolled Students: 30%
Wisconsin State School Report Card
Overall Score: 81.4 (Exceeds Expectations)
On-Track to Graduation: 93.4