Kettle Moraine High School
Spring Athletics Spectator Policies
The Classic 8 Conference is striving to provide opportunities to our student-athletes to participate in sports while maintaining high safety standards and adhering to guidance from the state, county, and WIAA. In order for these contests to take place, we are prioritizing athletes, coaches, officials, and essential game personnel at all contests. The goal will be to phase in attendance for families and spectators throughout the season, and we will be evaluating that status on a biweekly basis. We also recognize the wide variety of sites and locations that our events are being held and the potential challenges of mandating the same attendance policy at each. The following guidance is being provided across the conference to recognize and respond to those differences.
GENERAL COVID PROTOCOL: Please do not arrive too early to the event. Social distancing rules are to be followed during the entire event. Masks must be worn upon arrival and worn until official warm-ups have begun.
PLAYERS AND COACHES: Masks should be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible. Masks should be worn by coaches and athletes who are not playing on the sideline and in the dugout areas. During the competition, athletes may take off their masks while actively participating. Non-competing athletes are asked to be masked and focus on social distance.
- Players should use their own equipment
- All athletes will arrive dressed for the competition. Locker rooms will not be provided for visiting teams.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and use frequently
- All athletes should bring their own water bottles. Water bottles must not be shared.
- Athletes should not congregate
AFTER THE CONTEST: Masks are to be worn by student-athletes and team personnel upon entry and exit of the facility, as well as when students are not actively playing in game competition. Leave the facility as soon as reasonably possible after the contest. No congregating on the field or the facility entrances.
PROCEDURE IN CASE OF A POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST FOLLOWING A CONTEST
- The competing school should contact the participating school in the event immediately.
- The Waukesha County Health Department/ Kettle Moraine School District will be contacted s for additional guidance.
All athletes and team personnel will need to wear a mask or face covering upon arrival and attest to a Self-Evaluation Affirmation. The questions posted cover the Self-Evaluation Affirmation we ask all Kettle Moraine School students and staff to ask themselves daily upon arrival to the school campus.
- In the last 24 hours have you had a fever or chills and/or taken medication for a
fever? (If you are unsure, please utilize a thermometer for an accurate reading. A
temperature of 100.4 or higher constitutes a fever according to medical professionals)
- Do you have symptoms for COVID-19 such as new, uncontrolled cough that causes
difficulty breathing, sore throat, diarrhea/vomiting, or loss of taste or smell?
- In the past 14 days have you been in close contact (was within 6 feet for longer than
15 min without protective equipment) with a person known/suspected to have COVID-19
and/or have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19 and are still
awaiting test results?
- Any athlete or staff who feel ill in any way, or have any of the following symptoms: subjective
fever or actual fever (greater than 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit), cough, shortness of breath or
difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss
of taste or smell, diarrhea, known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed, suspected,
or under medical evaluation pending results for to have COVID-19 should stay home.
- All attendees and participants should stay home if feeling ill, experiencing symptoms, or who
had a high risk exposure to COVID-19.
Category: Least Restrictive
Cross country courses, open grass soccer fields, golf courses and non-school facilities such as county parks are considered to be open playing spaces. At these events we expect fans to be limited to families/ guardians only and they must maintain at least 15 feet of distance from any playing surface or field to ensure officials and players are appropriately protected. They must comply with any rules posted for that facility and always remain at least 6 feet from other individuals. Once the completion of the competition spectators are asked to leave the area of competition as soon as possible. Pictures and congregating will not be allowed.
Track and Field
- Start and Finish line area will be roped off with 15 feet of distancing - no spectators gathered at the start or finish.
- Encourage to limit fans to family members of student-athletes on the team
- Host schools are encouraged to monitoring the course with restricted/painted areas
There will be no limit to fans on the golf course. It is encouraged that all spectators practice social distancing from non-family members on the course. Spectators should be encouraged to not gather near either team following the match.
Baseball fields do provide barriers in the form of fencing and we expect that players and coaches are the only people allowed into that area. Spectators should be limited to provide proper social distancing and they must maintain at least 15 feet of distance from the fence to ensure coaches and players are appropriately distanced.
Tennis courts do provide barriers in the form of fencing and we expect that players and coaches are the only people allowed into that area. Spectator should be limited to provide proper social distancings and they must maintain at least 15 feet of distance from the fence to ensure coaches and players are appropriately distanced.
Category: More Restrictive
Stadiums are outdoor spaces, however, they do require admission and they host the highest risk sports. They also have traffic patterns that would overlap contact with space between athletes and fans. A majority of conference schools will be offering live stream services for events.
Spectators should be encouraged to sit in family groups and remain socially distanced. Masks will be strongly encouraged. All conference schools will plan on live streaming the home events.
Spectators should be encouraged to sit in family groups and remain socially distanced. Masks will be strongly encouraged.
Note: If a school is unable to provide space for this level of spectators, or safely staff the event, the visiting school will be notified in advance.