AUGUST 10 UPDATE
Online Registration Closes
The deadline for the 2020-21 Online Registration process has passed with just over 13% of students choosing distance learning. We are now making staffing decisions. For those few families who have not yet registered, please note: we will do our best to accommodate your request, based on the staffing assigned. Due to our class-size guidelines, we may not able to guarantee your choice of learning environment.
Family Athletic Event Passes
The district is not offering the ability to purchase Student/Family Athletic Passes as part of Optional Fees in IC. More to come from KMSD as we get closer to the start of school and athletic events.
JULY 26 UPDATEDue to COVID-19, there are modifications that will be implemented for the 2020-21 school year. Whether you are choosing F2F or distance learning, the experience will be different from what was experienced this past year. In addition to the materials you have already received, the district hosted three panel presentations, one for each level of education: elementary, middle and high school.The panels were conducted virtually and you may now view the recordings below.FAQs - Elementary Panel - Occurred via Zoom Tuesday, July 28 at 6:00 PMFAQs - Middle School Panel - Occurred via Zoom Tuesday, August 4 at 6:00 PMFAQs - High School Panel Occurred Monday, August 3 at 6:00 PM
JULY 24 UPDATE
Back-to-School Annual Update Registration for the 2020-21 school year will open Monday, July 27 at 8 a.m. All Kettle Moraine families are required to complete this annual process.
Please visit www.kmsd.edu/registration for directions on how to complete the two-step process in preparation for the upcoming school year. The registration period is July 27 - August 9.
NOTE: Please check our registration page often as we will have several updates in the coming weeks
Step 1: Complete the Annual Update Registration. To do this, log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. On the lower left of the screen, click More then Online Registration and follow the instructions as prompted.
Step 2: Student fees
- Deposit lunch money in your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account by the start of school.
- General fees are available to pay now.
- Optional fees will be assessed August 10.
- Middle and high school course fees are assessed at the beginning of each term.
- High School athletic fee will be assessed after the start of the season.
- Once a student parking application has been approved, a parking pass fee will be assessed.
Before you begin the Annual Update Registration, please gather the following information. (Some information from last school year will be auto-filled; you will be asked to verify it or change it as needed.)
- Household information - address and phone numbers
- Parent information - work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information - demographic, health/medication and immunization information
- *High school student parking - student driver's license number and vehicle make / model / year / color / license plate number
- Emergency contact information - phone numbers
Annual Update Registration Tips
- Use a laptop or desktop computer to complete the process. Tablets and smartphones are not compatible with the Annual Update Registration process.
- Use Firefox or Google Chrome when accessing the Online Registration link. Internet Explorer is NOT a recommended browser.
- Be sure to turn off your pop-up blocker. Pop-up screens are used throughout the online process.
- Only households listed as primary households in Infinite Campus are eligible to complete the online registration process. Secondary household parents/guardians can log in to their Parent Portal accounts to make changes to their own information. Fees may be paid by both primary and secondary households.
- The Annual Update Registration should be completed using a PARENT portal account, not a STUDENT portal account.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment to complete the Annual Update Registration at the District Office.
- For Annual Update Registration support and answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
In addition to completing the Annual Update Registration, each school’s website (accessible from www.kmsd.edu/registration) contains helpful information, such as back-to-school activities, checklists and school supply lists.
Bus route information for all students will be posted in Infinite Campus at the end of August.
If you have questions about your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account or the Annual Update Registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-968-6300 ext. 5370.
UPDATES ON LEARNING IN 2020-21 - Whether Face to Face or distance learning, it will be different. You have a choice.
Thank you for your patience, support and collaboration during these challenging times as we look forward to getting back to school!
JULY 17, UPDATE
Watch the weekly update featuring CFO John Stellmacher, batting for Dr. Deklotz, who is out with laryngitis. Mr. Stellmacher shares info on our 2020-21 planning progress (click here to view the draft presentation for the board's review July 21), registration and timeline as follows:July 21School Board MeetingJuly 24Final Plan 2020-21 Shared With CommunityJuly 27Online Registration Open For 2020-21 School Year
JULY 9, UPDATE - CHANGES TO TIMELINE, MASKS INFO AND MORE
The Kettle Moraine School District will start the 2020-21 school year with face-to-face instruction while implementing precautionary measures to reduce exposure to the COVID-19 virus. For some students and parents, the precautionary measure may be to continue with virtual learning. That is a choice the district will provide at all grade levels. For students choosing face-to-face instruction, precautionary measures will include educating students on hand-washing, covering coughs, physical distancing, and more directed movement.
The district’s planning will rely heavily on combined guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, the Wisconsin State Department of Health, Waukesha County Health Department and Center for Disease Controls and Prevention. Specifically, KM is collaborating with Waukesha County school districts and Waukesha County, dovetailing on their "Stay Safe to Stay Open" campaign, to develop strategies of fall re-entry ensuring continuity of instruction while protecting the most vulnerable among us.
KM will share details of our county-wide collaboration as it happens, including a schools version of the Stay Safe To Stay Open web site in mid July. As many of you know, the pandemic is a very fluid situation, with guidance and planning changing from week-to-week. To that end, our cooperative is acting as diligently, and nimbly, as possible to ensure all bases are covered for fall re-entry to mitigate the chances of COVID19 in our schools and communities.
KM's plan will be created via work with our Waukesha County collaboration, KM school board, staff, parents, community members and the county health department. The timeline for various phases in developing the plan includes:
May 21: Responsibilities shared with District Leadership, Primary lead assigned, questions answered
June 25: Subcommittees present their initial draft with Administrators & DoLs; receive feedback;
July 15: Subcommittees share second draft of plan with Lead Educators and Parent Group; answer questions; receive feedback
July 21: Subcommittees share third draft of plan with School Board
July 24: Subcommittees share final draft of plan with clear expectations regarding communication needs to staff, parents, and community
July 27: Online registration is open
Aug. 1: Guardians/Parents notify KM of their student(s) intent to participate in face-to-face or distance learning. The district will have to create a complex staffing plan for both choices in a short amount of time, so giving us your decision as early as possible will aid in our planning - we appreciate your efforts and understanding!