KM Fiscal Responsibility
Kettle Moraine has worked hard to balance the budget and be fiscally responsible.
Utilized Act 10 Tools
- Eliminated district post-employment benefits
- Reduced district health insurance costs by 25% over the last 5 years
- Reduced plan benefits
- Increased employee contribution
- Increased deductibles
* The most common KM employee health plan has a $10,000 family deductible and limited network providers. The average family plan for other Waukesha County school districts has a $2,400 deductible.
Additional Measures Taken
- Reduced staffing to align with declining enrollment
- Increased class sizes
- Implemented innovative programming and choices to be competitive and attract students and families