At Dousman Elementary, we strive to create a safe, caring, and positive learning environment in which children build a solid academic foundation. We have a tradition of providing an excellent educational experience. Our dedicated and innovative staff members make Dousman Elementary, home of the Bullfrogs, an outstanding place for learning. Staff, students and families work together to create a strong community that encourages continuous growth and learning for all children and adults. We are honored to welcome about 390 students into our 18 classroom from Early Childhood (EC) and 4-year old kindergarten through 5th grade each day.
Did you know?
- Dousman is service-minded. Our students learn through participation in projects that benefit our community. Students take responsibility for cleanup of school playgrounds and developing recycling programs in classrooms. We also have started an annual Dousman Community Garden.
Thanks to a dedicated PTO we have added well over $75,000 in both classroom and building-wide resources the past five years. These resources include a giant projection and audio system housed in our gym, a Gaga Ball Pit on our playground, classroom furniture, specific teacher requests, and of course, hundreds of new books for all levels and areas of interest.
We are Responsible,Respectful, Safe, Kind and Welcoming! Our staff and students believe in these simple but golden rules and model expectations for one another. We acknowledge our positive choices through individual, classroom, and school-wide opportunities. Here at Dousman, EVERY child wants to do well; therefore, our staff is dedicated to supporting students in building their skills on an individual and personalized basis.
- Artist in Residence, Marina Lee, returned to Dousman for her 3rd residency in 2012. Thanks to the support of our PTO and art department, Marina was able to work with our students to create beautiful 3-dimensional creatures, portraits and benches that truly enrich our school. As you walk around our school, we are sure you will be amazed!
While we value the proud tradition of Dousman, we are constantly evolving to better serve the students and families of our school community.
Our mission at Dousman Elementary School is to strive for excellence by promoting curiosity, individuality, and responsibility. With the support of family and the community, we will challenge our children to reach their full potential and become life-long learners.
We believe that it is our responsibility to:
- Establish a safe and nurturing environment that inspires learning
- Set high academic expectations so that each child reaches his/her potential
- Collaborate with families, staff, and community to best meet the needs of each child
- Model the acceptance of and respect for individuals in an increasingly diverse society
- Empower children to become life-long learners and contributing members of a rapidly changing world